Children develop their immune systems and central nervous system over time, so their ability to detox is not as competent as adults. It is therefore so important we limit their exposure to harmful chemicals. Some of the harmful ingredients you will find in baby wipes are alcohol, perfume, chlorine and dioxin. Side affects of these ingredients include but are not limited to immune system damage, headaches, wheezing, hormone disruption, fertility issues, eye, throat, mouth, skin, lung irritation, kidney and liver damage, asthma and cancer. Here is a natural recipe I have been successfully using for 4 months.
- 400ml of boiling water
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 1 TBS castile soap
- A couple of drops of tea tree oil
- Paper towels (I use Handee Ultra)
- A Tupperware bowel with lid
- Cut the paper towels in half width ways so it looks like you have two toilet rolls
- Add the coconut oil, castile soap and tea tree oil to the boiling water
- Put one of the cut paper towels rough side down in your tuppaware container
- Poor the oil/soap mix over the paper towel
- Put the lid on the container and turn upside down for 5 mins
- Remove the inner cardboard roll
- Start from the inside of the roll by pulling the end of towel up.
- Store in airtight container
I doubted this would work initially, I thought the towel would disintegrate and form mush but with the handee ultra they hold perfectly. Cheap and Natural!