I spoke at a friends business launch today. We both have such a passion for dreaming big that I shared my 8 top tips for making your dreams a reality. Her dream is to restore harmony and mine to enlighten lives and together we feel we can make a difference. You too can make a difference and achieve your ultimate dreams and here is how you can do it.
1. Create a vision statement for your life: Write down you dream vision for your life in present tense as though you have achieved it. Include the 5 senses like what you see, smell, hear and how you feel now you have achieved your dream. Read it daily.
2. Clarify your values: Live you life in line with your personal values. Do not compromise. Stress, anxiety and depression arise when you are not living a life in line with what you value.
3. Set SMART goals: Most of us know this but don’t do it. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and set a Time frame.
4. Surround yourself with positive, supportive people: Who believes that you can achieve your dream? Find your own personal cheerleaders.
5. Respect your body mind and spirit: Like an athlete you must be in peak performance. Fuel your body with whole plant based foods, cut out the crappy processed and sugar laden food, and limit or eliminate dairy and gluten. Exercise daily. However, even top athletes have a rest day so make sure you take time out for your body to recover, meditate or have some alone time.
6. Be Brave: Don’t wait for the conditions to be perfect, they never will be. In order to grow, you must take risks and sometimes jump first.
7. Be humble. Admit when you are wrong. There is something to learn from everything and everyone
8. Own your life: Dot give your power away to anyone else. In health or in life. This is your life, there are no rules so don’t limit yourself to what everyone else is doing. Create your own life!
What steps are you going to take today to make your dream a reality?