I have been trying make a slice that is more stable in the fridge and will not melt so quickly at room temp. This little beauty was a hit very first go. The topping is the perfect mousse consistency and the flavour just melts in your mouth. I hope you enjoy, there will most certainly be more made in our house!
- 1 1/2 cups of cashews
- 12 dates
- 6 TBS coconut milk (or almond)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3-4 small/medium sized avocados
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 TBS coconut cream
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 3 TBS cocoa
- Line a 20x20cm baking dish
- Blend all the base ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Press into the baking dish, spreading evenly
- Put dish into freezer to set
- Blend all mousse ingredients together in a blender or food processor
- Spread over the base
- Return to the freezer for an hour to set
- Remove slice from the freezer and slice
- Allow the slice to sit out of the freezer for 5 minutes before serving
The mousse can be stored covered in the freezer or for up to 3 days in the fridge.
What is your favourite slice?