I have had to start eliminating animal proteins from my diet for health reasons and its been sad saying goodbye to some of my favourite meals. I then decided why not make it an adventure and find new foods that are just as yummy if not better! So here is what I had for breakfast today, and it was delicious!
Vegan French Toast
1TBS coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
A handful of berries – I used mulberries
Pure organic maple syrup (don’t substitute for golden syrup it doesn’t have the same health benefits, you could use raw honey aswell)
2 pieces of bread
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat until it is liquid
- Put your bread in the frying pan
- Leave for a couple of minutes until you get your perfect shade of golden
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve on a plate with cinnamon, berries and maple syrup
Do you have a favourite vegan breakfast ideas?