These were a little bit of accidental perfection. I wanted something stable at room temperature to share with my work colleague’s and of course I can’t forget my husbands beautiful work mates as well. I thought they were satisfactory but turns out I had a lot of people that were quite excited about them and I had plenty of requests for the recipe. The challenge was remembering what I threw in! Here is a rough guestimate of the successful Goji Balls.
Ingredients (makes 50-60 small balls)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup of dates
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup cocoa/cacao
- 3 TBS honey or pure maple syrup
- 3 TBS coconut oil
- 1 cup goji berries
Depending on the power of your blender or food processor you may need to blend the ingredients individually and then combined at the end. Leave the goji berries whole and stir in at the end.
- Blend almonds in a high powered blender, food processor or thermomix
- Add the cashews and dates and blend until combined
- Add the sunflower and pumpkin seeds and blend until combined
- Add the remaining ingredients except the goji berries and blend until combined
- Stir in the goji berries
- Form balls with the batter.
- Goji balls will store in the fridge for a week and in the freezer for a couple of months – if they last that long 😉
When will you eat you goji balls?