This is a great side either on its own or on a bed of spinach or kale. You will see in the pic I have teamed it with the yummy Pumpkin and Spinach Brown Rice Penne.
2 Handfuls of mixed quinoa (I love the grainy texture of the mixed variety, you could try the plain white if you are not a fan)
1 Tomato cubed
1/2 An avocado
A handful of diced shallots
2 Handfuls of alfalfa sprouts
1 tsp of mixed herbs
- Rinse the quinoa and then boil for 15mins or until you get the texture you like
- Dice the tomato and avocado into cubes add to a medium sized bowl
- Dice the shallots and add to the bowl
- Mix in the alfalfa and herbs
- Add the quinoa and mix through
- Serve as is or on your choice of greens.