Throw out your table salt and swap it for Himalayan salt. Its as easy as that. I don’t notice any difference in the taste and the benefits are amazing. You can use it as a direct substitute for table salt in your dishes. Himalayan Salt lamps are also incredible, that story is for another post.
Himalayan salt is known as the purest salt on earth, uncontaminated with toxins or pollution. Its over 250 millions years old and contains the same 84 minerals found in the body.
When you compare it with table salt the benefits include reduced cellulite and reduced risks of arthritis, gout, kidney and gall bladder stones. Oh and its pink so way prettier.
Here are some of the benefits of Himalayan Salt
- Controls water levels in the body, regulating them for optimal functioning
- Promotes a healthy pH balance in your cell – its alkaline!
- Helps regulate blood sugars
- Reduces the signs of ageing
- Increases the capacity to absorb food elements within the intestinal tract
- Supports health respiratory function
- Promotes sinus health (more on Neti Pots later)
- Reduces incidents of muscle cramps
- Regulates blood pressure when combined with water
- Increases bone strength
- Naturally promotes sleep
- Creates a healthy libido
- Promotes vascular health.
What foods will you add Himalayan Salt too?