On my journey to a sugar free life I have struggled to find sugar free snacks that satisfy. I also have been reducing wheat and gluten so these gluten free muffins have been a great snack on the go that tick all my health food boxes at the moment, they are also delicious so give them a go!
2 eggs lightly beaten
225ml almond milk
4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
4 TBS coconut oil melted
1 1/2 TBS lemon zest
1 tsp pepper
100g buckwheat flour
100g millet flour
150g gluten free flour
pinch of salt
1 TBS of baking powder
2 medium avocados roughly chopped into cubes
1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 12 cup muffin tray
- In a bowel beat the first 6 ingredients
- Add the flours, salt and baking powder and stir until combined
- Mash the avocado and lemon with a fork and fold into the batter mix. Do not over mix.
- Spread the mixture equally over the 12 cups, they should be almost full
- Bake for 20 mins
- Remove the tray and allow the muffins to sit for 5 mins before removing them and putting them on a muffin rack.
- Best served fresh though I like to do a double batch and freeze them for for when I am time poor 🙂
What us your favourite sugar free snack that satisfies?