This one is quite satisfying with a good combo of protein and nutritious carbs, you will find one slice will probably be enough.
1 cup of ground activated almonds
1/2 cup of ground activated cashews
4 TBS coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups of roasted pumpkin
1 400ml can of coconut milk
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 TBS ground cinnamon
2 tsp fresh ginger grated
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 160°C
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Line a 20x20cm square baking dish with baking paper
- Pour base mixture over and press down firmly
- Bake for 20mins or until slightly golden
- Remove and allow to cool
- Reduce oven to 150°C
- In a blender or food processor blend the roast pumpkin, coconut milk, maples syrup, cocoa and spices
- Beast the egg with a fork and add to the rest of the topping mixture and combine
- Pour the filling over the base and cook for 30mins
- Turn the oven off but leave the slice in the oven for at least an hour. Do not open the door as the slice needs to continue setting and cool slowly so it doesn’t crack.
- Once the dish is cool enough to remove with your bare hands remove and allow to cool at room temperature before covering and refrigerating overnight.
- Once set overnight cut into squares and serve 🙂
- Keep refrigerated for 3 days or pop in the freezer to last a few months.