These little beauties are about the healthiest treats you can make, ticking all the boxes for vegan, gluten free, paleo, raw and refined sugar free – not to mention they are delicious. As with any form of sugar I recommend them only as a treat, but hey its Easter and these are a guilt free alternative to the toxic Easter eggs in the store.
1 cup of activated almonds
1 cup of dates
100ml almond milk
1 cup of shredded coconut
- Grind the almonds to a flour and put aside (I just pop mine the blender)
- Put the dates in the blender and blend until they form a paste
- Add the almond flour and milk to the dates and blend to combine
- Remove from blender and add coconut
- Form small balls and put the truffles in the fridge
- Make the chocolate coatinghttp://www.nataleeandersoncoaching.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/vegan-chocolates.html
- Dip the truffles in the chocolate making sure they are completely covered and refrigerate for half an hour.
Serve and enjoy!
What is your favourite Easter treat?