This is such a fantastic refined sugar, dairy, gluten, grain and egg free snack that we make it weekly and also have a back up in the freezer. It is perfect for dessert, a high protein afternoon snack, breakfast on the go or any time you a looking for a tasty satisfying treat. This is made by my husband so is user friendly and meets his tick of approval for taste, it is also loved by our fussy 13month old daughter. Its great to know if she doesn’t eat much in the day she is getting a good hit of healthy protein, fats and carbs when she has a nibble. Feel free to play around with recipe to suit your own taste or work with the ingredients you all ready have in your cupboard. You can substitute the last 5 ingredients with shredded coconut, raisins, chia, sunflower seeds or other nuts or seeds. I like to activate the nuts and seeds first by soaking them overnight this makes it easier on digestion.
- Preheat oven to 150C
- 1 cup almonds ground to a flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 TBS of honey (optional)
- 1 TBS water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of crushed cashews
- 1/4 cup of goji berries (optional)
- Place almond flour in a high powered blender or food processor and pulse in coconut oil, honey, water and vanilla
- I prefer to stir in the sesame seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashews and cranberries, or you can pulse them in using the food processor.
- Pour dough into an 20x20cm baking dish and press down firmly
- Bake for 25mins
- Cool bars in the pan in the fridge for 2hrs before slicing
- Store in Fridge or freezer
If you are looking for an extra boost of energy, add a TBS of Cacao or Maca. If you have trouble with anxiety or thyriod issues I would leave this part out. Also listen to your body, Cacao and Maca isnt for everyone 🙂
This post is also featured on Healing With Foods Friday.
These look fabulous! They put packaged bars to shame! Thanks for linking up with Healing With Food Friday. Come back this week!