I find these patties a great substitute for meat at a BBQ, with salad for your dinner or in burgers. High in protein and great in taste!
4 cups of potatoes cubed
2 cups of pumpkin
1 cup lentils
1 clove garlic
1 tsp dry herbs
2 TBS chia seeds (optional – but great nutritional value!)
1 tsp Himalayan salt
2 TBS olive oil
Coconut oil for the frying pan
- Boil the potatoes until soft enough to mash
- Wash your lentils in water and then add to a pot with 2 cups of water
- Cook lentils until soft
- Cook pumkin in the oven at 175 degrees for about 20mins or until soft.
- Mash the potatoes
- Add lentils and pumkin and mash together
- Add garlic, herbs, chia, salt and olive oil and mix together
- Make patties of any size you want depending on what you are using them for.
- Cover a frying pan in coconut oil over medium heat
- Cook the patties a few minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve and enjoy!